Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Life Cycle of a Rose


This photo captures several roses in the various stages of their life cycle...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


there's a rosebud at the far left of the photo...so new...so perfect,


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


at the far right is a rose bloom as it's petals begin to open in their full glory...


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


to the upper right is a rose in it's later stage of bloom with magnificently mature petals...


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


in the center is what's left after all the petals fall, leaving behind a striking vision of Mother Nature's wisdom, beause if I'm fortunate it will continue to develop into a rose hip!



You can go here to read all about rose hips and their many uses!

1 comment:

  1. Do you take these and re-plant them someplace else in your garden ? I am not sure how that is done.
    But knowing you...you have figured it out.
    Let me know exactly what we should do as I am getting more and more of these now ...at "the end" stage.
    Love ya, Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I invite you to leave a comment because I read them! If you have the time please click the FOLLOW BUTTON and join me on my journey through The Land of Blog!