Thursday, September 9, 2010

Flutterbye!

When Miss M was 2 to 3 years old she sometimes got her letters mixed up when speaking...this was always true of "Butterflies"! To this day when I see a butterfly I hear her sweet voice all those years ago, announcing, "Mommy! It's a flutterbye!"


This morning I spied this little jewel of a butterfly samplin' some of the seed heads of my mint plants! As I attempted to get that "just right" photo...I saw one more...then another...and another! I have no idea what they are but they are TINY about the size of a dime!


I first started seeing this type of butterfly during the summer...I fully expected them to grow...not happening...they are about the size of a nickle and oh so pretty!! They only go to the Lantana blooms...luckily I have lots of those!

So for now...I'll watch these little beauties and remember those oh so sweet "Flutterbye" days!

3 comments:

  1. I love that memory! And the pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your garden. ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful photos! Love your sweet daughter's name for butterflies...my oldest daughter said "callepitters"...I didn't have the heart to correct it for the longest time...it was too cute!

    Hope you're having a wonderful night!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms.M was right....they SHOULD be called flutterby's...as that is what they really do....it is hard to catch one with a camera it seems.

    LOVE THIS MUSIC TOO.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I invite you to leave a comment because I read them! If you have the time please click the FOLLOW BUTTON and join me on my journey through The Land of Blog!