Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Smoke Bush in the Fall!

This is my Smoke Bush. After our HARSH Summer temps, all of it's leaves were dried, hanging on by a thread and I feared for the well being of this gifted plant.

Two weeks ago I noticed tiny nubs starting to protrude from the branches and within a week and a half...there were leaves! The leaves are a deep maroon color and when the sunlight is upon them they are scarlet with green veining.

Fall also welcomes the tiny white to pale pink flowers that grow in clusters on this pretty specimen! Hope y'all like the photos!







1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful bush and flowers! You should plant everything in my backyard! :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I invite you to leave a comment because I read them! If you have the time please click the FOLLOW BUTTON and join me on my journey through The Land of Blog!