Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cinnamon Toast!


Do you remember eating cinnamon toast when you were a child? When was the last time you actually made it? It's so easy and fills the kitchen with a tantalizing aroma of spicy sweetness!

So here's how I do it...


I use white sugar, cinnamon and butter.


Sorry about the clarity of this photo...what can I say...a white bowl is not the best for white sugar? Anyway I mix 2 teaspoons of white sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon together.


I don't own a toaster...it's a choice...just not my favorite appliance BUT I do own my tried and true griddle! I place the bread on the griddle and turn the heat to medium low.



Keep checking it until your preference for that just right color of doneness is achieved on side one.


Now I put the bread to one side of the griddle and put a pat of butter directly on the griddle...watch that butter SIZZLE! Then I place the untoasted side of the bread face down on the sizzling butter. Boy it's difficult to photograph, swirl a pat of melting butter and place the bread on top of it BUT you get the general idea.


Now when the buttery side of the toast has reached a golden LIGHT brown...flip the toast over...sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top...and if you choose flip it over again to let the cinnamon sugar and butter sizzle to a crunchy scrumptious delight!


So here is Miss M's breakfast...CINNAMON TOAST and apple juice! YUMMY!

Hope this inspires you to create a memory for your family of reignite one of your own!

2 comments:

  1. One of my all time favorite secret pleasures. I googled cinnamon and I couldn't believe all the ailments it's good for. Who knew such a decadent breakfast could be good for the soul AND the body?!?
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, I used the link you sent me. Hoping that by my posting too, that it will reconnect my blog and your blog again.

    YES oh yes I remember it....so VERY good.
    AND in fact this very day, I had melted some butter and added some suger..and dipped my cinnamon & raisin bagels into it....DELICIOUS !!
    And you bet... the smell is wonderful.
    Like Deb says too, cinnamon is really good for you.

    Glad to see you posting again...WINTER IS OVER, I AM SURE OF IT...at least here in Texas.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I invite you to leave a comment because I read them! If you have the time please click the FOLLOW BUTTON and join me on my journey through The Land of Blog!